Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Non-TBAS MEETINGS & Shows / Florida Saltwater Frag Swap
« Last post by paracyprichromis on November 02, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »

Florida Frag Swap coming to Lakeland February 3rd

Get ready for an amazing saltwater event! From aquariums to the best coral vendors in the USA, everything from the best companies in the industry. Come join the addiction at Florida Frag Swap at the RP Funding Center, 701 W. Lime Street, Lakeland, FL 33815 on Saturday, February 3, 2018 (11am - 5pm).

https://www.facebook.com/flfragswap
TBAS MEETINGS / October 2017 Meeting photos
« Last post by Mike on October 10, 2017, 11:06:10 PM »
Hi folks . . . the October TBAS meeting photos are up and ready for you to enjoy.

CLICK HERE: https://tbas1.com/TBASpages/meeting_picts.html and look for the October 2017 link on top!!

See you guys next month!!!

Mike  ;D
GENERAL FISH TOPICS / Re: Leveling Fish Tank Advice
« Last post by GraphicGr8s on October 10, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »
You want to level the stand. Easiest way I've found is to put water to the bottom rim and use that to level. Put wood or composite shims under the corner that needs it. On  my metal stands I use washers. Even coins if need be. I am not a fan of styrofoam under tanks. At least a rimmed tank.

So long as the four corners are even you should be OK. You need the support on those corners. My 29, 75 and 90 are on metal stands and you can see light between the tank and stand in the middle. The corners are level however. You don't want one corner lower or higher than the others as this will cause twist and could torque the tank enough to bust a seam or break a pane of glass.
GENERAL FISH TOPICS / Leveling Fish Tank Advice
« Last post by Starsplitter7 on October 08, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »
Hi there,

I am moving into an older home with floors that I describe as esherish.  The entire house tilts.  The owners are adding supports in the very tiny crawl space to make the floors strong enough to support my fish tanks.

My three largest ones will be operating in this home.  They are a 75, a 55 and a 29.  I am worried that even with the added support, my tanks will not be level, and I know this puts pressure on the joints of the tank and can cause the tank to break.   (I also need to sell the rest of my tanks which range from small to 10 and 20 gallons.) 

Could you all give me ideas on the best ways to level my tanks?  I have heard Styrofoam, but I need to know where to buy it or other ideas? nWould putting planks on the floors help distribute weight to reduce the chances of the floor collapsing?   I will be moving during this month, so I need ideas as soon as possible.

Thank you, Tanja. 
TBAS AUCTION . . . NOV 2015 / TBAS 2017 Auction Cancellation
« Last post by elephish on October 04, 2017, 09:00:36 AM »
2017 Auction Cancelled
 The BOD of TBAS voted to postpone the TBAS Annual Auction. We had a major discussion and talked about all of the “things” that have now affected the ability of TBAS to effectively conduct the auction. Obviously we are talking about the hurricane IRMA and all of the problems that have arisen from this hurricane. Of course the people in Tampa Bay who were going to put on the auction, the people around the entire state of Florida that were going to attend the auction, but what we decided most was the tropical fish farmers that give TBAS all of the $1,000’s of dollars in donated fish for the auction. This was not an easy decision and there were positives and negatives on BOTH sides of the question. In the long run we decided for the good of everyone involved that it was best to postpone the TBAS Auction for 2017. We are, of course, truly sorry if this inconveniences you in any fashion but for the good of ALL involved we think we made the right call. We will, for sure, let you know when it is rescheduled . . . and we are all looking forward to that date. We have to now, possibly, find a new venue!!!
Non-TBAS MEETINGS & Shows / Re: Betta Show in Clearwater Coming Soon!!
« Last post by WMPL on September 22, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »
Just wanted to remind everyone that the IBC Show will be held the end of the month as originally planned. See previous post for specific information. Just a reminder that you need not be a member of the IBC to compete in the show. Entries can be dropped off Friday afternoon between 3 - 5 pm or prior to 10 am on Saturday morning at
the park in Clearwater. The show is open to the public so bring your friends.  There will be an auction on Sunday at noon and you will find some amazing Bettas for sale.
CATFISH / Cataclysm
« Last post by daveayres on September 15, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »
Anyone from TBAS going to Cataclysm Sept 22-24  ?

Dave.
Non-TBAS MEETINGS & Shows / Betta Show in Clearwater Coming Soon!!
« Last post by WMPL on September 01, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2017 IBC Betta Show to be held in Clearwater on September 30th to October 1st. Non-IBC members are encouraged to enter the competition. We are experimenting with a new idea during this show specifically directed toward local hobbyists. We will also have three classes for Anabantoids (excluding bettas) at this show – small, medium and large species. We are hoping this will encourage participation particularly from locals. There is an attachment that explains participation in these 3 categories. Any questions leave a message here or email blittle1942@gmail.com.
TBAS MEETINGS / August 2017 Meeting Photos
« Last post by Mike on August 16, 2017, 02:04:12 PM »
Hi folks . . . the August 2017 meeting photos are up and waiting for you!!!

CLICK HERE:  https://tbas1.com/TBASpages/meeting_picts.html and go to the top of the table looking for August 2017.

ENJOY and we'll see you all in September!!!

Mike  ;D
TBAS MEETINGS / August Bulletin - 2017
« Last post by Mike on August 01, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »
. . . the August bulletin, THE FILTER, is up and waiting for you!!!

Click here to go to the webpage:

http://www.tbas1.com/

. . . pick either:

1) THE FILTER
or
2) PDF . . . remember, the videos will not work on the PDF version

We will see you at the August meeting on Monday, August 14th.

Mike  ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10