Author Topic: Locating the Blackbanded Sunfish  (Read 558 times)

Offline Finnafish

• Just Registered
    • View Profile
Locating the Blackbanded Sunfish
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:44:27 PM »
Hey guys! Newbie from Orlando and I'm excited to be here. Recently I've been on a quest to put together a completely wild gathered native tank. Everything has been coming along well but there is one species proving very difficult to pinpoint, even on paper. Of course it is the fabled blackbanded sunfish (enneacanthus chaetodon.) Through hours of research and PDF scouring, I have gathered that this fish has populations in lakes in the kissimee area and in the Ocala forest south to clermont. I was wondering if anyone has located this fish themselves or knows of a body of water in Central Florida that I could find this native gem in. Thanks!

Offline Finnafish

• Just Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Locating the Blackbanded Sunfish
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 11:57:39 PM »
After weeks of research, I finally posted this because I thought I had uncovered all the useful info available online on this fish. Of course I just found exactly what I was looking for. Any further info would be greatly appreciated and maybe this will help someone in the future.

Offline paracyprichromis

• Moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »
HI,

The club sells a Florida Collecting Guide should you be unable to locate the Blackbanded Sunfish.

http://tbas1.com/TBASpages/Collecting_Guide_2015/collecting_guide_2015.html

Offline Finnafish

• Just Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 07:49:23 PM »
Right the book! I have the order form printed I'm definitely going to purchase one here soon.