Author Topic: Used Books  (Read 644 times)

Offline Bruce

• View Profile
Used Books
« on: August 02, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »
Last week I was out of town and had the chance to stop by a used book store.  I was able to pick up several books on fish and aquatic life including books on cichlids, tropical fish, crayfish, estuaries, and other nature books.  If you come across used book stores when you travel you may want to think about dropping in and taking a look at what fish-related books they have that you may want to add to your bookcase.  In my case, I was able to get several books for not much money.

Offline Lonnex

• Just Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Used Books
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:13:06 AM »
Last week I was out of town and had the chance to stop by a used this supplement from the book store.  I was able to pick up several books on fish and aquatic life including books on cichlids, tropical fish, crayfish, estuaries, and other nature books.

Yeah, and charity stores are a good place as well.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:24:09 AM by Lonnex »

dave ayres

Re: Used Books
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »
A lot of aquarium societies are getting rid of their libraries too due to the digital age. From time to time fish auctions are a good source for used books as are the exchange magazines.
Speaking of exchange magazine I have an extensive collection, much to the chagrin of my wife -- when you learn of my demise  make a beeline to my driveway and engage in some
 dumpster diving  - you'd better be quick though !