Author Topic: "Someone Tell Me How to Hatch Brine Shrimp"  (Read 2400 times)

Offline rcbows

• Tropical Fish Hobbyist and Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Rons Aquatics: Tropical Fish Hobbyist and Enthusiast
"Someone Tell Me How to Hatch Brine Shrimp"
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »
Could someone tell me how to "Hatch Brine Shrimp"? :( I am not well adverse in hatching brine shrimp. I resist raising any live food for my fish, but it seems that everyone does it, and I now have some species that need it to breed.

I met one breeder who, "that's all he feeds" to his "Endlers Colonies". He has a pretty neat system for doing it but it seems to complicated, for me. Has anyone got a simple method and where do you get the "cyst eggs".

Ron Bows
Thank You for Reading my Posts! Want to see my fishroom? Go here- http://ronsaquatics.com

Offline WMPL

• View Profile
Re: "Someone Tell Me How to Hatch Brine Shrimp"
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »
Ron -- if you read the threads below where you started this thread, you will find plenty of information on how to hatch brine shrimp.
Bill Little
Past President
Tampa Bay Aquarium Society

Offline jrpatter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
Check out brineshrimpdirect.com it will have the info you need. Plus I order the decap eggs from them, both the hatch and no hatch kind and I use that. It costs a bit more, but takes alot of the "work" out of messing with brine shrimp.

John

Offline chrisb01

• Chris Baez, Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 10:06:43 PM »
I feed de-capped brine shrimp eggs right out of the pack, the baby Sevvys go for it. And so do the Guppies. No hatching needed.

Check this out:

Brine Shrimp Hatchery COMPLETE WITH AIR PUMP
Product Code: DG-BSH_eggs-SM

--300ML BRINE SHRIMP HATCHERY KIT

--100 GRAMS OF OUR BEST BRINE SHRIMP EGGS

--AIR PUMP (CAN HANDLE UP TO 3 OF THE HATCHERY KITS)

--BRINE SHRIMP SIEVE FOR HARVESTING THE BABY BRINE SHRIMP

--AIR VALVE TO REGULATE THE AIR PRESSURE.
JUST ADD WATER AND SALT AND IN 24 HOURS YOU CAN FEED LIVE BABY BRINE SHRIMP TO YOUR FRY!
We've sourced a small Brine Shrimp Hatchery (300ml) for small breeders and hobbyists. It's now easy to hatch your own baby brine shrimp without the fuss of making your own hatchery.  Remember to order brine shrimp eggs so you are ready to start raising your own baby brine shrimp as soon as you get it!. Add a pump (for air) and order our Brine shrimp eggs, add water, 10grams of salt (about 1/2 tablespoon) and 1/2 teaspoon brine shrimp eggs. You will have live baby brine shrimp in 24 hours. This kit comes with a 100 gram package of our 95% brine shrimp eggs.
Stock 9
US$39.95
Was US$49.95
Saving: US$10.00

You can get this from Angelfish USA. It comes with complete instructions. You can also call Dave there, and he will walk you through the whole process.

You can also go to YouTube and search for DIY Brine Shrimp Hatchery. You can make one with a two liter bottle of coke.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:21:24 PM by chrisb01 »
Lakeland, Florida

"The problem with Christianity is not that it has been tried and found wanting, but that it has been found difficult and left untried" GK Chesterton

Offline rcbows

• Tropical Fish Hobbyist and Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Rons Aquatics: Tropical Fish Hobbyist and Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:18:17 AM »
OK thanks guy's I will look into the sites!
Thank You for Reading my Posts! Want to see my fishroom? Go here- http://ronsaquatics.com