Author Topic: Kiddie Pool Pond  (Read 9833 times)

Offline paracyprichromis

• Moderators
    • View Profile
Re: Kiddie Pool Pond
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 08:05:44 AM »
Not sure how you would insulate with foam. If you had access to "cheap" spray foam it might be do able. Not sure how it would stand up to the elements. i.e. sun, rain and freezing. You could always dig a hole and use the excavated dirt to pile up against part of the pool you don't bury.

Ken

Offline Oddballfish11

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
I won't be able to dig any because I am putting the pool on concrete. Do I still need insulation if I am going to use a heater? Thanks
Christian ><>

Offline elephish

• Elephants never Forget !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
Use any high R rated insulation ; look at Lowes or Home Depot. I would be very suspect of an electric heater that will keep the temp up for tropicals when we hit a real cold snap. At the farm in a 20K gal recirculating system in a enclosed fish house running a propane heater 24/7 would barely keep the temp at 75*F and this was at a great expense.

You may want to do a trial run this winter with some rosey barbs and/or zebra danios( these fish can take lower temps ). Keep a temperature chart and compare the ambient air temp and the water temp and see how the temperature holds.

Offline Oddballfish11

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
That's a good idea I might try that. Another thing I'm consider is buying a stock tank to put inside and bring the fish in for the winter. That would be cheaper than running the heater during the winter. Does anyone know where to get cheap stock tanks?
Christian ><>

Offline Oddballfish11

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »
Unfortunately my mom is not letting me get the pond anymore.  :'( But she is letting me get a larger aquarium :)
Christian ><>